Monday, March 30, 2015

Interruptions

I was supposed to be flying home Africa today. Annoying little notifications on my tablet remind me of that as they update me on what would have been my flight status.

I'm SOO bummed! It was such an exciting rush to get news and quickly pull together the trip. And now it feels like we've come to a screeching halt.

We're trying to keep it all in perspective though... it's just a little hiccup. An interruption. And coincidentally, I just finished reading a book called "Life Interrupted" that re-defines interruptions as divine interventions. So that's my mindset - this is a divine intervention for some reason known only to God... maybe for my protection, maybe to be present for Asher and Cora last week, maybe to somehow lead us to a speedier court process... who knows. We can handle not knowing.

But what about these kids? A two month wait is just an inconvenience to me. I'm living out my comfortable day-to-day life as I deal with the setback... But what are they living in? Are they scared? alone? confused? hungry? sick? at risk? I am praying that someone is loving on them right this second...


But God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish. Psalm 9:18

I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope. Psalm 130:5

No comments:

Post a Comment