Sunday, March 16, 2014

Tug of Heart

No real news to share. But here’s the thing: the waiting isn’t bothering me. I think it’s bothering all of you more than me – because you all look so disappointed when you ask for an adoption update and there’s not one to give. :)

That’s not to say it’s not disappointing to see our number stay the same for a few months in a row. (If you're thinking to yourself, “what number?", click here.) It is disappointing! A decreasing number would be a visual reminder that things are moving along in the process… but so far the wait isn’t hanging over us and weighing on me like I had anticipated.

And here’s the reason why: God in continually laying things on our hearts regarding this adoption. Many of the things are just small thoughts here or there. But it’s enough to get us thinking, get us praying, and taking action… maybe it’s a bit of research… maybe it’s a lesson to teach our kids…maybe it’s supporting other orphan-care movements… no matter how big or small each individual action is, I know it’s all in preparation for what’s to come. And it fulfills a PURPOSE in the PRESENT. So as we listen and follow the tugs on our heart, we are finding meaningful ways to fill the wait...

God, the one and only— I’ll wait as long as he says. Everything I hope for comes from him, so why not?  Psalm 62:5 (Message)



One "purpose for the present" is teaching Asher & Cora
about sharing with others... They are getting it!


Another "purpose for the present" is fundraising...
Thank you to everyone participating in my monthly crafting workshops!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment