Monday, January 25, 2016

My Meditation

As we continue to await updates on our children and news of adoption proceedings, I go through periods of frustration and sadness. I so appreciate the coffee dates and venting sessions friends grant me. And I am grateful that you lend an ear through this blog.

However, as much as I love chatting about the adoption, I’m learning that talking about where we are at the moment doesn’t lift me up emotionally. Discussing it just feels like I’m running in circles... because whoever I’m conversing with inevitably reflects back to me all of my own frustrations. After all, we can all agree, “it doesn’t make sense that there are so many hurdles when the children are in need and waiting!”

I’ve reconciled that this is 100% out of my hands. So it serves me best to go through the present without dwelling on the challenges. I’m trying to stop thinking of my own thoughts, questions and concerns. Instead, I find peace when I shift my thoughts to God, and Him alone.  

So, I’m trying (and some days it takes serious effort!) to meditate on these things:

This journey isn't necessarily about me and my family. It's about demonstrating faith.
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He’s the one who will keep you on track. Don’t assume that you know it all. Run to God! Proverbs 3:5-6

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8-10

God has done amazing things for us and through us in the past. He will continue to do so – He is weaving a testimony of his greatness.
The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalm 126:3

God is all-powerful. He IS able.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Ephesians 3:20-21

My role is to be still and faithful.
The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. Exodus 14:14

God loves our children even more deeply than we do. He IS the Father to the Fatherless.
Father of orphans, champion of widows, is God in his holy house. God makes homes for the homeless… Psalm 68:5-6

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11


There's one last verse that has just been implanted in my head and heart in recent months. I repeat this to myself regularly... 
Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. Psalm 20:7
Adoption begs for your confidence in adoption agencies, social workers, attorneys, government representatives and others... But I am continually reminding myself that my trust is actually in one so much greater. With that being said, can I ask for your prayers? Happenings and decisions coming up over the next two weeks appear to be very important to our adoption. Please pray that God is making a way for those who represent us. We trust in Him alone. 


     



No comments:

Post a Comment