Thursday, September 8, 2016

The Fight

I had such mixed feelings leading up to this trip… On one hand, I wanted to celebrate the good news that the adoption process was (finally) moving again AND the excitement of reuniting with our kids…
 
On the other hand, I was feeling fear and anxiety. I felt like I was preparing for battle. I was coming over here to fight for these kids - to ensure that all of the players were considering their best interests – to not allow ego or processes to hold them in an orphanage any longer. I worried about how I was going to get things done, knowing the challenges here. I’m not an assertive person by nature. I shy away from confrontation… I am not a “fighter”.

And yet I’ve been able to “fight” for these kids without stepping outside of my natural temperament. I’ve felt God’s prompting to remain quiet and compliant at times. I’ve tried to demonstrate humility, compassion and kindness in all of my interactions. I’ve been carrying a supernatural patience which I cannot even begin to claim as my own willpower because it has transcended some true chaos.  

Today, my attorney told me he liked and appreciated my disposition. That it worked in my favor within the culture here. And I just felt so overwhelmed with emotion when he made that one simple comment… because I had nothing to be fearful of. God is the one in control of all of this… and He has used my love for these kids and my quiet persistence to make things happen here. I am so beyond grateful…



  

No comments:

Post a Comment