Monday, September 15, 2014

Empowered to Connect


I went to the “Empowered to Connect” conference that I told you all about… and LOVED it! 

I learned so much! I'm so grateful for the opportunity. And so glad I didn’t let my fear of getting re-excited about the adoption (because it could cause an emotional crash!) keep me from attending. The weekend was so refreshing… because it wasn’t necessarily about adopting… It was about how to connect with and parent kids from all kinds of backgrounds.


And I was reminded… that’s really what this is all about. The adoption journey is short term, but becoming a family is long term. We don’t love the adoption process. (Seriously, it’s pretty rough. I'd say I detest it at the moment.) We DO love being a family and parenting. That’s the good stuff! 


No comments:

Post a Comment